Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian T Hoyt has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Brian T Hoyt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I had been sick for a couple months, I went to my gynecologist and he totally ignored my concerns and sent me on my way. Two weeks later I wound up in the emergency room and Dr. Hoyt was my attending physician. After a few tests I wondered what was taking awhile to get back with me..... Dr. Hoyt was on the phone at 3 AM with a top cancer oncologist in Vancouver Washington. He came into my room and told me “Mrs. Street, you have a very large mass on your right ovary. I have already called the best cancer oncologist around and he will see you today.” I remember getting tears and telling my husband “I’ve got cancer”. After I left the emergency room I went home for a few hours and then my husband and two adult kids drove me to Vancouver. There I met my oncologist who told me that my tumor was coming out that day! 12 hours after my tumor being found, thanks to Dr. Hoyt I was connected with Dr. Rushing.....my new oncologist. A basketball sized, 35 lb tumor was removed. Chemo followed and here I am 3 years later. My journey was made positive no thanks to Dr. Saraf my Ex gynecologist..., but thanks to two men who cared so much and gave their all to help me survive one of the deadliest cancers! Dr. Brian Hoyt and Dr. Scott Rushing thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you’ve done to help me still be here to love my family and my beautiful grandsons! I truly can’t thank you enough!!!!!
22 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Oregon Health & Science University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brian T Hoyt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, OR.