Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian Ilfeld
Dr. Brian Ilfeld, MD, MS is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Ilfeld is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest and UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian Ilfeld has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Brian Ilfeld has the following 2 expertise
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Brian Ilfeld is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Ilfeld is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
Promise Hospital San Diego
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Health System
18 Years Experience
University of California at San Francisco
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian Ilfeld in this video.
Dr. Brian Ilfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.