Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian P Lahey has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Dr Lahey is treating my son for ADHD, depression and anxiety. We have been trying to contact him for a week with no response. My son's meds will run out in 2days and we are needing an appointment and prescriptions. The receptionist is helping us contact him but she isn't having any luck either. I don't understand why he isn't responding and feel he is being negligent to this patient. He only communicates through text messaging. We will be looking for a new doctor.
I worked with Dr. Lahey in a school based setting 5 years ago and I highly recommend him. He is brilliant with medication and tries to put children on the lowest therapeutic amount. It may take a couple months to get the amount right. While some above have experienced him as rude, it is not really who he is. He is passionate about helping but nay not always come across like a therapist. He would ask me to occasionally attend a session if I was seeing the family for therapy. He really wants what is best for his patients. I have known him to go the extra mile with patients. He may not be the right fit for everyone, but has so much to offer.
My son suffered a traumatic brain injury and stroke. When we went to Dr. Lahey he was on 5 different medications and was having multiple side effects from each of them. Dr. Lahey worked with us to get him off of all of them and took the time to find out what he really needed. My son is 6 months into recovery from his injury and is doing so much better. I believe a large part of that is because of Dr. Lahey's dedication to help him get on the correct med. Previous doctors treated the symptoms by throwing meds at us, but Dr. Lahey looked at the big picture treated him with one medication. He really talked to me and my son and listened to what we had to say. Dr. Lahey explained things to me and answered my questions. I would recommend him to anyone who was looking for a child psychiatrist who is invested in their patients.
13 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Brian P Lahey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brian P Lahey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leawood, KS.