Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian D Madden has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
First time visit...Dr. Madden was very caring and showed concern for me as a new patient....he took the time to develop repoire and made me feel very comfortable to discuss my health condition..he asked many questions of my background, health and history...after a full battery of tests he discussed my various conditions and gave his opinion as to what he would do...overall a perfect visit...I would highly recommend Dr. Madden!!!
Main problem is the highly incompetent staff, once took them three weeks and 7(!) phone calls from me to fax over a simple prescription. Difficult to get appointments, two months later came in and was placed in a tiny examination room for 90(!) minutes, without anyone checking one me while I was sitting there like a moron only wearing a night gown thing. Got dressed again and went outside to find someone to notify that I was supposed to have my annual physical.They pride themselves on their IT systems, everyone of those staff morons runs around with a laptop in their hands, but when you send an email to your doctor, do not expect an answer. Leaving messages for your doctor with the staff is also pretty much hopeless.I left UCLA because of their parking fees and joined Dr Madden's practice. Biggest mistake ever!
You go into the office the first time and get very impressed by the paper-less system etc. It is extremely unlikely they will ever call back or follow up on anything. Phones can ring for hours and they do not pick up or put you in an answering system that never returns the calls.Dr Madden is sweet but does not seem to care to spend time really answering your questions and seems very busy all the time, does not explain any of your problems and wants to get rid of you as soon as he can.
Dr. Madden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Brian D Madden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeak Health Medical Group Inc, 2143 S Sepulveda Blvd Ste 300, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Brian D Madden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.