Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian K Petroelje MD
Dr. Brian K Petroelje, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian K Petroelje has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brian K Petroelje has the following 9 expertise
- Infectious Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Brian K Petroelje is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
18 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Brian K Petroelje Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Brian K Petroelje
Spectrum Health welcomes Brian Petroelje, MD, joining Spectrum Health Primary Care Partners Infectious Disease Specialists. He earned his medical degree at the Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, followed by an internal medicine residency at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Dr. Petroelje was also a student at the Tropical Medicine and Traveler's Health program at West Virginia University, then returned to the University of Iowa for an infectious diseases fellowship. Dr. Petroelje most recently served as a hospitalist at Lakeland Regional Hospital. He has also volunteered in many countries around the world teaching paramedic skills, and providing surgical and medical care for pediatrics and adults.
Locations & DirectionsAMANDA L KELLY PA, 230 Michigan St NE Ste 230, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian K Petroelje, MD - Infectious Disease in Grand Rapids, MI, in this video.
Dr. Brian K Petroelje is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.