Brian Kaplan Is this you?

Have you seen Brian Kaplan?

Hands Down, Bar None, World Class Expert

Posted on August 9th, 2016

This post is long overdue. As I no longer need Fertility services, I see how just about every woman around my age who I meet is seeking these services. As an expert researcher, I tried to learn everything I could about the fertility world and even befriended a top global expert with a 98-99 percent track record of bringing healthy babies into the world. So between my self-education, international-dr.-on-call and Dr. Kaplan, I felt like I had the bases covered. In addition, I kept a calendar of every Fertility Center Visit, test results, follicle count, follicle size, semen numbers, etc. This way, I knew in subsequent years what exact protocol yielded what exact results. Once I achieved pregnancies, I documented progesterone usage, heartbeats at certain gestations...basically everything that COULD be documented. I think self-education and keeping good notes and records while you are going through fertility treatments is critical. This is not the time to try and remember instructions, details and trust blindly in anybody. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Kaplan IS FCI. Some of the nurses don't know how to do procedures correctly and make whole cycles a waste. I know this b/c every time Dr. Kaplan did the procedures, they worked. His whole team of lab techs, ultrasound techs, phlebotomists, coordinators and many of the nurses are top notch! However, over the years, I have read many reviews of FCI and the doctors (I research things to death before making critical decisions). The truth is that Dr. Kaplan is booked solid months in advance, so appointments are compassionate but efficient. He does not have time to small talk. When I called FCI as a recurring patient, I was told there was a 3-4 month wait. I appealed to them as a returning patient, and that cut it down to 2 months. If you are thinking of starting the assisted reproductive technologies (ART) process, it is best to book the appointment ASAP if you want to meet with Dr. Kaplan. I have no idea, but his wait could be even longer now. A handful of reviews have said over the years that Dr. Kaplan thinks he is God's gift to medicine, women, etc. Well he is (insert name of whatever you believe in's) gift to fertility. That is FACT. Perhaps he is cocky, but with good reason. He is the best in his profession and is being honored by www.Path2Parenthood.org, a NYC Not-For-Profit as the 2016 "Visionary" in his field. That is certainly as unbiased as one can get. Best of luck to all couples, men and women seeking fertility treatment, and if Chicago is within reason, don't pass up an opportunity to meet with the world's best expert, Dr. Brian Kaplan.

Will change the way you view medical care

Posted on May 6th, 2014

I cannot tell you enough how wonderful Dr. Kaplan and his entire office is. IUI, IVF, infertility is not a fun experience, but somehow, I always felt better, more relaxed and actually in control of what was going on with my body when I left his office. The professionalism, the courteousy, and generosity of their time really made this experience a lot easier. I actually was sad when I "graduated" to an OB, because I felt like I was leaving my friends. I just cannot express enough that if you are going through this difficult time - you are going to want to have people like Dr. Kaplan on your side.

Posted on March 26th, 2014

Dr. Kaplan was able to help me achieve my pregnancy on the FIRST try. After multple unsuccesful attempts with other physicians, including a doctor in Colorado, Dr. Kaplan made my dream come true. I will always be grateful to him for his optimism, kindness and expertise. I should have litened to all my friends first!!!

Posted on May 21st, 2013

Dr.Kaplan is the best, and his nurse very friendly!

Positive Experience

Posted on February 9th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kaplan by regular OB and a few friends who had previously gone through fertility treatments. While nobody would ever describe the IVF process as pleasant or fun, my husband and I found the entire process at FCI to be efficient and effective. As busy professionals, we appreciated the early morning appointments and that the doctors/nurses were typically on schedule (we rarely had to wait much past our scheduled appointment time). Some patients say it feels like a “factory”, we disagree and feel that FCI runs it as efficiently as possible given the high volume of patients. We also found everyone at FCI to be extremely friendly and professional. The front desk staff, the nurses, and especially Dr. Kaplan seem to really understand and are sensitive to the fact that IFV can be a difficult and emotional time for the couples going through it. My husband and I approached IVF with an open mind after reading stories from other couples. From our first meeting with Dr. Kaplan we knew we had found the right doctor for us. He is smart and confident in his abilities, which is what we were looking for. He acknowledged and understood our nerves, anxiety, and emotions and helped us understand that there are solutions to the issues we were facing. He has a reassuring yet realistic demeanor, which made us feel much more comfortable about our situation and the decisions we were making. As other reviewers mention, you will not see him every time you are there. To us, that makes sense. He is there for the most important parts and as needed. In the interim, he has a wonderful group of nurses to help with any and all questions and get him involved if necessary. We felt very informed throughout the process – the nurses even taught us step by step how to use each medication (while my husband took video on his cell phone at their suggestion). Because it was our first time going through this, I still had a lot of questions. Nurse Jamie always got back to me promptly and never made me feel like I was asking a dumb question. Leading up to the actual procedures, Dr. Kaplan literally held my hand to let me know everything was ok. One of our appointments was on a Sunday (during the Bears game) so he even invited my husband back to watch part of the game in his office while I was in a closed procedure. He made us both feel like we were his only patients which we clearly were not. We were fortunate to have success the first time with IVF after a year of unsuccessful attempts with IUI and other treatments with my OB. As anyone going through IFV knows, each week brings about a new hurdle – even after getting a positive blood test. When we were finally ready for our first ultrasound, we were excited but nervous at the same time. When we saw the heartbeat, the nurse so genuinely excited for us that it made the news that much better. It was such a pleasant way to end our process at FCI. Dr. Kaplan came in to congratulate us and wish us well. Bottom line – we have no complaints about Dr. Kaplan or FCI and would recommend them to anyone experiencing fertility issues.

Posted on June 26th, 2012

Overall, our experience with FCI and Dr.Kaplan has been a positive one, although we have been through two rounds of failed IVF treatments. His nurses follow-up in a timely manner and are always available to answer any questions.My only negative comment would be that both times when our IVF cycles failed, it was his nurse that called us, not him. When you undergo a failed IVF cycle, you want to hear from your doctor, even if its a two minute phone conversation. Its a tough piece of news to convey but we would have appreciated a call from him rather than his nurse.

phenomal

Posted on October 11th, 2011

he helped me get pregnant with both of my children. he is the best fertility doctor in chicago...do not waste your time with anybody else, as they pale in comparison!!

Posted on June 24th, 2011

There are no words to describe how wonderful this man is. I didn't believe a bedside manner such as his existed. His intellect and compassion are unparalleled. Thank you for my beautiful boy doctor.

Posted on December 10th, 2010

Excellent. Would reccommend strongly

Posted on November 17th, 2010

superb.

excellent in evey way

Posted on January 6th, 2010

He worked a miracle for us (due Nov 09)

Posted on July 10th, 2009

After 5 years of treatment, 3 failed IVF's, 2 /c, an ectopic pregnancy, 25 years of smoking AND the fact that I was 39...on his FIRST try, Dr. Kaplan got me pregos.Don't loose hope - he's too wonderful .