Dr. Brian Retherford Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Brian Retherford?

Posted on August 15th, 2015

less than impressed!

TERRIBLE OB DOCTOR

Posted on March 13th, 2015

this provider has been my daughters OB, this is her first baby. this provider has cancelled numerous appts with her, she has gone 2 months without seeing him. never once at any of her appts have they checked her urine (which is an every appt test that should be done to check for proteins, sugar, infection) he is not informative. he is rude, abrupt. told her one time while trying to cancel yet another appt, :well, i just hate for us both to waste a trip in just to listen to the heart beat" asked her if anyone at her work has a doppler that could listen!! my daughter went to her appt the other day, she is 33 weeks pregnant. her legs, ankles and feet are so swollen she can barely walk, she had to "make" them do a urine test on her,(which they questioned her why do you want one). when she told dr retherford about her feet and ankles, his response was, 'yep, welcome to the third trimester" and then she said, yeah, but they hurt bad, he states, "sucks doesnt it" this provider never even looked or felt her feet, ankles or legs. she expressed her concern for placenta previa etc, he said oh no you would be having headaches and high blood pressure, she told him well my b/p today is 133-93. he says, oh, well, that is a little high. never addressed anything. quick doppler on her belly, sent her out the door. never even told her the results of her urine. This provider is unsafe on many levels. and now my daughter is unfortunatley having to try and find a new doc who will hopefully take her in at 33 weeks pregnant as she does not feel safe with dr retherford for her or the baby.

Warning read before you allow this dr to perform surgery

Posted on November 15th, 2013

I had a vaginal hysterectomy my dr retherford in grass valley . My primary care dr warned me that he was "knife happy" and he was!! There were several other options but not only did he rush me into a hysterectomy he also said told me about his wife's experience and based on that recommended we just take out my ovaries too, because he wife was calmer without them ?!?!?!? I wanted relief so agreed to surgery . I should have ran! He got me in an outpatient surgery practice that he had a financial stake in and rushed me in and out. He was very demeaning He never even followed up or returned my calls . This should not have been an outpatient surgery, and I shouldn't have had surgery as a first option anyway. I have suffered so much because of him. If you are reading this please get a second or third option . If you get a weird vibe from him listen to it and find a new dr.

One of the best doctors that I have ever had.

Posted on November 2nd, 2012

I found out that I had abnormal cell in my upper cervix, I had to have a large biopsy done. The surgery went smoothly and Dr. Retherford had the best bed side manner of any doctor I have been to, and that says a lot because I have had 3 children. I felt comfortable and calm going into surgery. He saved my life. The biopsy came back on the border of cancer. Thank you doctor.I must also say that all the previous negative comments seem as though they are from the same person. She keeps saying the same thing in the same unintelligent way. I think that's hateful and crazy.

Posted on October 11th, 2012

I went to Dr. Retherford for a 2nd opinion on a surgery that I had already scheduled with another doctor. He gave me a surgical option that the other doctor did not and performed it as we had discussed beforehand. I was given great care at the hospital before and after the surgery, have recovered from it very well, and am now 10 weeks post op. He was very concerned, listened to me and kept me informed. Everything turned out well - I don't think enough people give an opinion when things turn out well, obviously, only when they think they have a problem. I can only speak for my own experience, but I am very satisfied with my surgery and treatment by Dr. Retherford.

Worst Dr's visit i have ever had.

Posted on February 3rd, 2012

Rude. Belitteling. Acted superior and talked down to me. Refused to take into consideration alternatives to birth control i was interested in pursuing. Wanted to jump right to surgery.

Posted on September 24th, 2011

Very bad surgeon. He cut my uretra during surgery and did not seem to think he should tell me. I had a HUGE bruise down the inside of my right leg. Once again, would not tell me why. I was, condesendingly told,"Why, that is blood under the skin". Well, NO KIDDING! But WHY?? He took my vitality from me for money. He preformed an unnecessary hysterectomy. on healthy organs. For profit.

Doctor's Response

See comment 9/26/11

Posted on May 13th, 2010

Any advice given by Mr. Retherford should be questioned and you should definitely see other doctors. He WILL rush you into surgery if he can. Scare tactics seem to be his main mode of operation. It is very sad that a doctor will stoop to this.

Stay away

Posted on May 13th, 2010

This man ruined my life. He rushed me into a procedure I did not need and once on the table he proceeded to remove my uterus and ovaries even though I ...

Excellent Surgical skill

Posted on May 6th, 2010

Fantastic surgeonSaved my life!

Deliverd all of my babies

Posted on March 27th, 2010

Wow, I'm astonished by some of the negative reviews of Dr. Retherford. I never had a problem with him, and he delivered all of my babies. The only criticism I'd have is that he does sometimes seem to be in a hurry and he doesn't spend a lot of time explaining things--it's up to the patient to ask questions, he doesn't really offer any information. His bedside manner is a little abrupt, too, but I don't really have an issue with that. I always thought he seemed like a competant doctor, which is why I kept going back for each delivery.I do wonder about some of these posts, particularly from the woman who said he got her worried about cancer. That story seems fictional. Dr. Retherford isn't an oncologist and I really can't see how or why he would recommend hysterectomy for suspected cancer. Even if he did, why wouldn't you go see an oncologist if you thought you had cancer? Dr. Retherford is an OB/GYN, not an oncologist. Weird story.

He Saved our Lives

Posted on March 12th, 2010

Dr. Brian was wonderful for this first time mom. He answered the many questions my husband and I had and walked us through this amazing experience. My life and sons life were spared after an emergency C-Section. Thank You