Dr. Brian L Rubenstein Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Brian L Rubenstein?

Failed to treat and ended up much worse

I saw Dr. Rubenstein on an emergency visit at the Bon Secours Harbor View facility. I had a UTI, which he did accurately diagnose...eventually. However, his initial reaction was to do a CT scan for kidney stones even though he even stated himself that I did not have the symptoms of kidney stones. In addition, he did not inquire to my health history or prior exposure to radiation or he would have know that I had already had a CT scan within the year. I declined the procedure due to safety concerns of unnecessary exposure and explained this to him. He became very rude and his attitude was very arrogant and almost demeaning when he began questioning me about my decision. I am the patient. I have the right to refuse UNNECESSARY and expensive procedures. He ordered a urinalysis which revealed the UTI. However, the problems did not stop there. He prescribed me Macrodantin, an antibiotic that is commonly used to treat UTIs. However, since it is so commonly used, most infections have built up a resistance/tolerance towards it. This being a well known fact amongst the medical community, he not only still prescribed it to me, but he did not send the urine of for a culture and to test the sensitivity of the bacteria. Odds were stacked against me and it turned out that my strain of infect was resistant to Macrodantin and I ended up back in the ER only two weeks later for the same infection and much worse off. I was on IV fluids because the infection spread to my kidneys. My primary doctor was so concerned that she referred me to a urologist. For clarification, I took my antibiotics everyday as prescribed. I did not miss or skip any doses and I took the whole prescription. I also drank plenty of fluids. This whole ordeal has cost me money, two emergency visits, lost wages, time, and was in generally just plain miserable.

Harbor View ER

Long wait but once inside fast service doctor and nurses were great...thanks

he was a mediocre at best

He was not very knowledgeable at all. He seemed only interested in texting while he was in the examination room. He acted like I was bothering him. very unprofessional. I should have looked him up on the internet as he has very low ratings.