Dr. Brian Nelson Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Brian Nelson?

One of a Kind Doc

Posted on August 26th, 2017

I have never experienced from a "western doctor" (or any doc really) the kind of compassion, patience, and thoroughness that Dr. Nelson showed me in the process of having a hysterectomy. Of course medical knowledge and surgical skill were a top priority in choosing a doctor, however, compassion and the need to be received emotionally ARE just as important to me. He surpassed my expectations; calling me in the evening, on the weekend, and on his day off in my first week post op when I was hurting the most. His reassurance that everything I was feeling was normal, was a tremendous support. His compassion made a huge impact in this significant life event. If it's possible to look forward to seeing your gynecologist, you will with Dr. Nelson! He is one of a kind. And...Danielle his nurse is just as wonderful.

NO COMMUNICATION

Posted on July 28th, 2016

My Wife had surgery to remove her uterus and raise her bladder. The surgery was scheduled for 0915 hours. I was told it was a 3 hour surgery. I waited in the waiting room and after for over three hours I was getting concerned and since none of the hospital staff or Doctor Nelson came to see me; I called from the waiting room. I was told by the nurse who answered the phone that my wife has been in recovery for almost an hour. I knew in advance that I could not see my wife until she was out of recovery and in a regular hospital room. I voice my frustration that why hasn't anyone told me about my wife's surgery as I've been here the whole time. The nurse got my phone # again and said she would pass it on. I was now very upset that I was blown off. I voiced my now 'anger' and was told the doctor would contact me. It took another 30 minutes before my sister-in-law called me and said she was with my wife in the regular hospital room. SInce I was waiting there the whole time and my sister-in-law arrives and is told which room to go to made me even more angry. I did not receive a telephone call until 1600 hours from Doctor Nelson. He told me the surgery was "uneventful" which is good. I told him the lack of communication was not acceptable. He of course apologized. He told me that if he didn't make it up there today to see my wife he would be there by 0900 hours the following day. We did not see him again until 1400 hours, and that was just long enough to look at my wife and sign the discharge paperwork. It got worse from there. There was no follow up phone calls from him and when my wife tried calling him a week later to explain some complications his office blew off her concerns. More to come later. Very dissatisfied husband.

Posted on May 11th, 2016

I recently had a total hysterectomy (as well as other Gyn procedures) via robotic surgery performed by Dr. Nelson. I can only say wonderful things about the care that Dr. Nelson provided. At the 6 wk post-op mark I am feeling much better and attribute this to the fine medical care I received. I would not hestiate to recommend Dr. Nelson to family & friends. Additionally, Dr. Nelson's clinic staff are professional, kind and provided needed medical information prior to and post surgery. The information was very helpful.

Great surgeon

Posted on March 21st, 2016

I would recommend Dr. Nelson to anyone needing surgery. He, and his staff, were excellent. I healed up and was back to health quickly.

Posted on December 3rd, 2015

I had put off bladder surgery for years. Finally had it and it was VERY successful. Very little pain and rapid recovery. Dr. Nelson and staff were veritable angels in their care of me. I recommend them highly.

Highly recommend

Posted on November 18th, 2015

If I were to recommend a doctor, I would look no further than Brian Nelson. My opinion in doctors and Western medicine in general can be difficult to sway, however, I would not hesitate in the least to recommend him should your needs require this route. It was a scary procedure for me as a patient, but my mind was more at ease after seeing the positivity and professionalism his office provided. I consider myself grateful for his services and the kindness from him and his staff.

Posted on November 4th, 2015

Dr Brian Nelson treated me with exceptional care, fully hearing my concern with keeping a surgical procedure laproscopic, even calling me on a weekend to answer my questions. He went MORE than "the extra mile" during the procedure. As a result, I recovered exceedingly quickly and I'm VERY happy I went the surgical "route" in his capable hands.

Excellent physician

Posted on June 6th, 2015

I had DaVinci surgery/pelvic mesh.

Posted on August 15th, 2014

I love Dr Nelson! He is an incredible surgeon and has an amazing bedside manner. He personally called me several times after surgery to make sure that I was doing okay. He genuinely listens to his patients, answers every question my husband and I have and spends a lot of time with me at every appointment. His front desk staff is great (especially Alisha) and I adore his nurse Heather. I would recommend him to ANYONE!!!

Posted on August 5th, 2014

Dr. Nelson is wonderful. He took time to talk with me, and my husband. I feel God put me in the best hands possible.

Could NOT have had better experiences

Posted on November 13th, 2013

Dr. Nelson has performed laparoscopy and robot assisted total hysterectomy for me. Everything from the first office visit to follow ups have been outstanding. The basics of friendliness and timeliness exceeded my expectations. More importantly, his knowledge, empathy, and cutting-edge expertise made the experiences better than I could have imagined. These are of course anxiety-inducing and life-changing procedures and I was well informed of options. Follow up has been thorough. If he had a fan club, I'm sure there would be plenty of us vying for presidency!

Posted on August 16th, 2013

Dr. Nelson has a gentle friendly manor. He establishes his knowledge and expertise quickly and firmly. I would recommend him to any of my friends