The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian D Shames has the following 2 specialties
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
- Reperfusion Injury
- Liver Transplantation
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Myocardial Reperfusion Injury
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
Showing 4 of 4
24 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Brian D Shames accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian D Shames in this video.
Dr. Brian D Shames is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Farmington, CT.