The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Brian L Spivack has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Brian L Spivack has the following 1 expertise
- Breast Cancer
Dr. Brian L Spivack has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 35
I had an appointment last week with Dr. Spivack and initially I was terrified! I read his reviews before calling his office for an appointment, and they were terrible. I had been referred to him by my primary care doctor for consultation and surgery. The reviews talked about how rude and uncaring he and his office staff were. I really did not know what to expect when I walked through the door, but I was pleasantly surprised. The doctor was warm, caring, explained everything and waited for me to ask any questions or if I had any concerns. His office staff were welcoming, efficient and helpful. I found my experience contrary to everything I read about this office. In my opinion every doctor should be like Dr. Spivack and have an office staff as he does. They were all fantastic and very professional. If I could give him more than 5 stars I would!!
He told me I needed surgery with out even looking at my lab work. He was short and fast. Did not want to address my concerns or answer my questions. He brushed them off like I was in the wrong for asking. The appointment went so fast next thing I know I'm sitting with someone to schedule my surgery. I walked out of there feeling more confused about my health condition than when I walked in. Get a second opinion before you let him cut you open.
My son was admitted to ER one night after collapsing. Dr's found he had a hole somewhere in his digestive system. MRI wasn't able to show leak. Dr's thought exploratory surgery was necessary. Dr. Spivack told us typically where he finds these things. He did surgery and found the problem right where his "hunch" told him. Dr. Spivack was right to the point, nailed why a 17 year old gets this, and corrected future habits with lots of information. Now... I do realize everyone's pain and illness' are different in nature and same in other ways. If your looking for a Dr. That gets down to business or Ball Room host, that's up to you! Lol just don't take your medical problem to the Ball room.... Yes his staff can be a little rude, but who cares because I can be too
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
30 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Brian L Spivack accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian L Spivack, MD - Surgical Oncology in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, in this video.
Dr. Brian L Spivack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Cucamonga, CA.