Dr. Brian L Spivack Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Brian L Spivack?

One of the best doctors I have seen in my 72 years

I had an appointment last week with Dr. Spivack and initially I was terrified! I read his reviews before calling his office for an appointment, and they were terrible. I had been referred to him by my primary care doctor for consultation and surgery. The reviews talked about how rude and uncaring he and his office staff were. I really did not know what to expect when I walked through the door, but I was pleasantly surprised. The doctor was warm, caring, explained everything and waited for me to ask any questions or if I had any concerns. His office staff were welcoming, efficient and helpful. I found my experience contrary to everything I read about this office. In my opinion every doctor should be like Dr. Spivack and have an office staff as he does. They were all fantastic and very professional. If I could give him more than 5 stars I would!!

Go somewhere else

He told me I needed surgery with out even looking at my lab work. He was short and fast. Did not want to address my concerns or answer my questions. He brushed them off like I was in the wrong for asking. The appointment went so fast next thing I know I'm sitting with someone to schedule my surgery. I walked out of there feeling more confused about my health condition than when I walked in. Get a second opinion before you let him cut you open.

Dr. Brian L. Spivack needs to be more personable and Listen to his patients with some compassion

he did not listen to my mom and her concerns and brushed her off. I felt that he was dealing with numbers not patient's life... very scary!

Patient

My son was admitted to ER one night after collapsing. Dr's found he had a hole somewhere in his digestive system. MRI wasn't able to show leak. Dr's thought exploratory surgery was necessary. Dr. Spivack told us typically where he finds these things. He did surgery and found the problem right where his "hunch" told him. Dr. Spivack was right to the point, nailed why a 17 year old gets this, and corrected future habits with lots of information. Now... I do realize everyone's pain and illness' are different in nature and same in other ways. If your looking for a Dr. That gets down to business or Ball Room host, that's up to you! Lol just don't take your medical problem to the Ball room.... Yes his staff can be a little rude, but who cares because I can be too

Dr. Spivac is the BEST! It's been 2 years since my surgery to remove my esophagus and stomach and I can say I'm cancer free due to Dr. Spivac and Dr. Ebrahimi. THANK YOU both and your teams!

Worst surgeon ever. If you go to him, get a second opinion fast.

Lucky To Have Him As A Doctor

This doctor is top notch. See him if you want excellent treatment. Don't see him if you have no friends, or will be angry if he doesn't "say goodbye to you". If people have complaints, it's because they are frustrated by their health issues, and need to place blame for their circumstances This doctor does his job, and he does it better than anyone. Don't listen to whining reviewers.

Excellent and knowledgeable

I had a complex breast cancer; a recurrence on my opposite side. Dr. S spent a lot of time explaining my options to me and guiding me through the process. I recovered well and am very happy with my surgery. The doctor and his staff have an extensive knowledge base and I would recommend him to all of my friends and family.

My experience with this doctor was horrible. I brought my son in for a mass near his collarbone. He asked two questions only, didn't review any records or test results and then just looked at me and said "it's nothing" which is completely unprofessional. I asked what he based his "it's nothing" response on and he said a "gut feeling" he offered no medical reason for his decision. I went to ask another question and he said if I'm asking if it could be a tumor he said yes it could but highly unlikely and reminded me that was a gut feeling. Ridiculous! When I didn't swoon over his so-called expert "gut feeling" he quickly snapped and said "you obviously don't trust me so I'll order a cat scan" he said that as he had one foot out the door. He was done with us....I guess our whole 2 minutes of his time was the limit. Not only will I get a second opinion, but I will NEVER EVER let him touch my son for anything. Go to another doctor, he's arrogant, he rushes you, and he is not thorough. If I could give negative stars as a review I would....Oh and one last thing his office staff sucks too, but who wouldn't working for him?!?!?!

Go elsewhere.

He never said goodbye and thanks to me before leaving the surgery room and I put up with a lot of pain. The office didn't follow up on me. I need to go back because he stitched me up horribly and I will most likely have bad scarring because of his poor work.

11-2006

I was able to learn from Dr. Spivack of a procedure to fix my stomach and esophagus from potential cancer due to years of GERD. I had surgery and have been 95% relieved of the GERD since. DOWNSIDE: I have a significant increase of flatulence since surgery. However, it beats suffering and sleep issues due to GERD.

Dr. Brian L Spivack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Cucamonga, CA.