Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian A Swiglo
Dr. Brian A Swiglo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Paul, MN. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Swiglo is affiliated with St Joseph's Hospital, St John's Hospital and Woodwinds Health Campus. Dr. Swiglo has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian A Swiglo has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 16
I wonder what made two reviewers decide that the dx was inaccurate? Are they doctors? Did they get a different dx that helped them feel better? I found Dr. Swiglo to be gracious and knowledgeable, and willing to work with me. For example, I prefer to use natural thyroid supplements, not synthetic, and as long as I had good labs using them, and feel better, he's fine with that. I saw a different endocrinologist who insisted on my using Synthroid.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Swiglo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Brian A Swiglo accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAllina Health United Lung & Sleep Clinic, 225 Smith Ave N Ste 300, Saint Paul, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian A Swiglo in this video.
Dr. Brian A Swiglo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.