Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian Hurley
Dr. Brian Hurley, MD, FACP, FCCP is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD, with other offices in Estherville, IA and Larchwood, IA (and 6 other locations). He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hurley is affiliated with Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian Hurley has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Hurley is by far the best physician I have ever had. He expressed a true interest in my health and has the best bed-side manner of any doctor I've ever seen. He followed up with me to see how I was doing and always listened to my questions and concerns. I would HIGHLY recommend him. He is the BEST!
Dr. Hurley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
44 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Brian Hurley accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian Hurley in this video.
Dr. Brian Hurley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.