Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brian J Vanderlinden has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 24
After seeing any number of doctors about the GI distress I was experiencing and getting nowhere, I went to see Dr. Van Der Linden. He took the time to listen to all of my symptoms and previous treatments and came up with a diagnosis and course of treatment which is obviously working since I am now much improved. I did have a long wait in the office to see him, but after seeing how much time he spent listening and talking with me, I understand why. It was worth the wait.
Dr. van der Linden goes above and beyond to ensure that I receive the best care possible. He is smart and is up to date on the latest research regarding my condition. I am impressed that he spends as much time as needed with me and is thorough in his examination and treatment. I know I am always in good hands with him!
Dr. van der Linden is outstanding not only for his knowledge but his bedside manner is beyond excellent! He listens and seems interested in what you have to say. You can tell by his body language that he is not in a hurry and cares about his patients. I feel so lucky that I found a doctor that is down to earth and so easy to talk to.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
29 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Brian J Vanderlinden accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMarc Denton Stam MD, 1802 Braeburn Dr, Salem, VA
Dr. Brian J Vanderlinden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, VA.