Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Brian W Elliott
Dr. Brian W Elliott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Petersburg, FL. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Elliott is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Elliott has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian W Elliott has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brian W Elliott has the following 12 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Sexual Disorders
- Infectious Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
Dr. Brian W Elliott has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brian W Elliott is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
Dr Elliott is an exceptional Dr. He listens, caring, has a great sense of humor. Unfortunately I have called in to have a prescription filled and twice his front desk staff had forgot to ask the Dr for my prescription and it took a week to get my prescription because I had to call back and was told that the request was never submitted, not his fault. Danm I miss Jan. However I would definitely recommend Dr Elliott to anyone who was looking for an honorable, trusting and knowledgeable Dr. I think he is the best in his field in st Pete and maybe the state. He is not only a great Dr but a great friend as well. Kudos to Dr Brian Elliott
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Elliott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Brian W Elliott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMetro Wellness And Community Centers, 3251 3rd Ave N Rm 125, Saint Petersburg, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian W Elliott, MD - Infectious Disease in Saint Petersburg, FL, in this video.
Dr. Brian W Elliott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.