Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian D Williamson
Dr. Brian D Williamson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Troy, MI. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Williamson is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. Dr. Williamson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian D Williamson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Unstable Angina
- Myocardial Infarction
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Coronary Disease
- Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Williamson is in a very reputable practice and I'm sure is very knowledge but he refused to listen (nor seemed to care) about how a patient really was feeling. Refused to try a different medication which another cardiologist changed and made the patient feel much better. Would not recommend him to a friend.
I'm a patient, so from a purely technical professional standpoint, I can't assess his expertise. However, I try to be a knowledgeable patient and have found his treatment to be sound. We have good conversations about my condition and treatment. He is always well prepared and willing to discuss anything I'd like to talk about. While he is a very busy man, he never has made me feel too rushed. When I've been hospitalized, he's been on top of everything and has his associates (all of whom have been first class)cover him well when he's unavailable. He's a pretty dry personality at first, but as he gets to know you, you can tell he is a very warm, caring professional with a good sense of humor (not to mention a very sharp guy).
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Williamson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Brian D Williamson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichigan Heart Group Pc, 4600 Investment Dr Ste 200, Troy, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian D Williamson in this video.
Dr. Brian D Williamson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, MI.