Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian A Zalis
Dr. Brian A Zalis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hialeah, FL, with another office in Pembroke Pines, FL. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Zalis is affiliated with Memorial Hospital West, Memorial Hospital Pembroke and Hialeah Hospital. Dr. Zalis has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian A Zalis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Brian A Zalis has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 45
Dr. Zalis prescribed me Xanax and after taking it for a year I decided to quit cold turkey (bad idea). I did not know there were withdrawal symptoms so severe that they could me life threatening. After day 3 of cold turkey, I ended up in the ER and then was later discharged to follow up with my primary Dr to come up with a taper off schedule. I decided to schedule an appointment for that same day.Dr. Zalis said, " I dont think you are going through withdrawals, (mind you, I was not asking for more meds, but was still treated as a drug addict) its just your anxiety and you need to schedule an appointment with a Psychiatrist. I believe I was a victim of Patient Profiling and had the worst two weeks of my life going throw withdrawals that effected my personal life with my family and my career as a business professional. I will be fling a complaint with the Florida Board of Medicine and looking for a new primary care physician.
When I saw Dr. Zalis, I had a terrible headache, my spine hurt, I could not touch my chin to my chest and I had a fever that would come and go. Dr. Zalis told me that everyone gets headaches now and then and sent me home. My symptoms continued to worsen. My roommate called his office and said she thought I was going to die. Dr. Zalis told my friend to take me to the hospital. I had bacterial menengitis and if my friend had not called Dr. Zalis I would be dead. This was the worst experience I ever had with a doctor.
Wonderful doctor who is worth the wait to see him. Does a thorough assessment each time, instead of just treating the one thing you go to him with. His office staff unfortunately sucks. I've waited over an hour multiple times and that is with an appointment. I've learned that the staff is incompetent and will allow walk ins to go before appointments if you don't speak up. He also has a nurse that totally sucks, and I had to remind her to wear gloves when giving me an injection and doing a dressing change. So unsafe and unprofessional. All of this is worth seeing Dr Zalis, I know with him I am in excellent care.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Zalis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Brian A Zalis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Avmed Choice
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brian A Zalis in this video.
Dr. Brian A Zalis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hialeah, FL.