Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Briana I Brugner MD
Dr. Briana I Brugner has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Briana I Brugner has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Briana I Brugner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Briana I Brugner - Posted on March 7th, 2013
Excellent Doctor and amazing office
Self-verified patient of Dr. Briana I Brugner - Posted on May 18th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Brugner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Briana I Brugner Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Briana I Brugner
Dr. Brugner was raised in Clearwater, Florida. She also spent over a decade in both Tennessee and Georgia for her education and training. Her undergraduate education began in the beautiful foothills of the Smoky Mountains where she graduated Summa Cum Laude from Maryville College. Her undergraduate education was additionally enriched by studying abroad in France and also playing collegiate soccer. After leaving the Smoky Mountains, Dr. Brugner traveled to Memphis, where she attended the University of Tennessee for medical school. Following medical school at U.T., she completed residency in pediatrics at Emory University here in Atlanta. After spending so many years in the south, Dr. Brugner decided to make metro Atlanta her permanent home and has been practicing at Kennesaw Pediatrics since 2004. Though interested in all aspects of general pediatrics, she is especially fond of well care of the infant, adolescent medicine and sports medicine. She has been medically licensed in the state of Georgia since 2003 and is a Board Certified Pediatrician by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Locations & DirectionsKENNESAW PEDIATRICS, 3745 Cherokee St NW Ste 401, Kennesaw, GA
Dr. Briana I Brugner is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kennesaw, GA.