Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Brigitte J Abrishami has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brigitte J Abrishami has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 4
Keep you going to charge you more
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brigitte J Abrishami - Posted on August 28th, 2018
This doctor just keep you going to charge you and insurance and when she saw that my ear had bad infection keeper me going to her to charge office visit instead sending me to specialist and when I go to specialist she said those medication doesn’t work for this infection and she has to drain a few time Dr abrishami doesn’t care about patients just money
Need Merhylphenidate 36mg
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brigitte J Abrishami - Posted on August 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brigitte J Abrishami - Posted on May 30th, 2012
Thanks to this doctor, I have no insurance.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brigitte J Abrishami - Posted on March 3rd, 2010
Dr Abrishami refused to complete a two page form that I needed for an insurance application. My Cobra benefit was running out, so I was applying for BlueCross. It would have taken no more than five minutes to fill this important piece of documentation out. She steadfastly declined saying she was "too busy". The consequence is I was declined health insurance because my application was incomplete. I couldn't have another doctor fill this out, because Dr. Abrishami was my treating physician at the time. I recommend patients avoid this "busy" doctor and find one who cares for their clients.
Dr. Abrishami is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Brigitte J Abrishami Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBRIGITTE J ABRISHAMI MD, 11904 Darnestown Rd Ste E, Gaithersburg, MD
Dr. Brigitte J Abrishami is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gaithersburg, MD.