Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brooke E Alexander
Dr. Brooke E Alexander, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA, with other offices in La Puente, CA and Bell Gardens, CA . She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with St Joseph Health, St Mary. She speaks English.
Dr. Brooke E Alexander has 3 locations
1401 Avocado Ave Ste 302
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Book Online Now
Dr. Brooke E Alexander has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Brooke E Alexander has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 22
Nice Doctor, Disorganized Staff, Triple Booked Appointments, and Long Office Wait
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brooke E Alexander - Posted on September 17th, 2013
Nice Doctor with great bedside manners. Disorganized staff that border between overwhelmed and apathetic at times. One staff told me to use an ice-cream Popsicle stick to support my broken toe because Dr. Alexander had no appointments and I was not hurt enough to warrant being approved to go to urgent care, Expect long waits at their gloomy office (they triple book their appointments) as well as at your pharmacy (Dr. Alexander's computer always seems to go down or it's never her staff's fault that the pharmacy hasn't received your prescriptions).
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brooke E Alexander - Posted on May 23rd, 2013
I have been with Dr Alexander for several years now, and I have to say that she is an excellent physician and I am very pleased with my care. Yes, the wait is sometimes long to see her, but she spends the necessary time with each patient because she cares about them. Its obvious that she wants to provide the best medical care and that we as patients are not just another number to her. Her staff is fantastic, very sweet, and always going the extra mile for me. I would recommend her without hesitation to anyone looking for a wonderful doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brooke E Alexander - Posted on May 5th, 2013
Dr Brooke Alexander is very smart (obviously...she's an in demand doctor for a reason LOL). I came to her with a diagnosis I had already made and she quickly followed me and was very thorough with checking me for serious complications that the serious hormonal disease could have done to me (heart problems...) Was very rapid with ordering an EKG regardless of my age (20 years old) and knew and understood what the rare disease could do to me REGARDLESS of my age. She also ordered any testing to rule anything else out that may have been correlated with it. I felt very safe and comfortable being under her care and did not have to fight (like i did with other doctors) for her to check up on my concerns. I am sad to see some other people are not as satisfied but every patient is entitled to their own opinion and not every patient has the same experience. For me, however, I very highly recommend her. I really felt she cared about me. Of course it is a business-as is with any doctor-but I felt very satisfied with my many follow ups with her last summer and am satisfied with our "business" relationship-if you may call it that.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brooke E Alexander - Posted on January 31st, 2013
i have been a patient for several years. Dr. Alexander spends quality time with you - listening carefully and addressing all issues. She is very professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Alexander is current on the medical literature. She is caring and compassionate, and seems to truly care about her patients. Her staff is great. Overall a top-notch doctor. Also, amazing location - ample parking and right next to Fashion Island.
To Dr. Alexander
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brooke E Alexander - Posted on October 16th, 2012
You need to remember that these are opinions only and everyone is entitled to their opinion. No slander is happening. I was researching you based on a referral and while the people who diss D.O.'s obviously have no idea what they are talking about, perhaps you should listen to the many that have said your staff has been rude. But take it all with a grain of salt because everybody has bad days and your staff could too. I would never use a website to choose a doctor and most intelligent people wouldn't either.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1996
Pacific Hospital Of Long Beach
Dr. Brooke E Alexander Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
LA Care Health
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brooke E Alexander is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.