Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brooks C Michaels has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Brooks C Michaels has the following 7 expertise
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Brooks C Michaels has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Brooks C Michaels is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
The Dr is nice and usually takes time with patients causing the long waits others mention in their reviews. I don't mind waiting for a Dr that takes time to address my concerns. The Dr seems overly hesitant to order tests. When I do have tests I am not usually informed of results. I thought that meant things were ok. I discovered not all my test results were ok but I was never told. The office staff is horrible, borders on dangerous. They strongly discourage appointments for anything that can't wait three weeks and at times deny request. They have no respect for patient needs. Failure to provide information to patients. Getting prescription refilled takes several phone calls over weeks, also borders on dangerous. There is an attitude of telling the patient as little as possible. I don't know if that is Dr policy or office staff policy. I wonder who makes the policies. The office staff has an attitude that makes the patient feel like they are an inconvenience to them. The woman at the desk is very cold but uses "sweet" language. I have not experienced Maria (the r.n. or medical tech, not sure of title) being mean as other reviews state. Although, she does not demonstrate basic efficiency. The Dr needs different staff most certainly. Overall, there seems to be a huge lack of realization their action and lack of actions damage patient health.
Good luck trying to get anything done at this office. Referrals, return phone calls, test results, ect. are next to impossible. It takes weeks to actually get an appointment with the doctor and once you do, you will most likely be waiting for an hour to actually see the doctor and talk to him for all of five minutes. He is always rushed seems to be bothered if you actually have questions or concerns regarding your health. It is obvious Dr. Michaels has way too many patients and neither he nor his office staff can handle it. If you want a doctor who sees you as more than a dollar sign I would stay far away from this one.
I have been seeing Dr. Michaels for about 10 years and can comfortably say after experiencing many other doctors that he is one of the best. He is an absolute professional and genuinely cares about the health of his patients. I also like that he takes considerable pride in his medical successes, like helping me get on track with my health after years of my voluntarily being pretty unhealthy. I owe Dr. Michaels a debt for his patience and hard work with treating me. As time has passed, his office has become much more popular, making it difficult to get an appointment faster than two weeks from the date of the initial call. I definitely feel like his office is managed in such a way as to squeeze in as many appointments as possible, resulting in long waits in the exam room while he finishes with other patients. Last, I've noticed an unfortunate difference in priority since switching from PPO to HMO, and have listened to the doctor express his frustration regarding the wrestling match involved in dealing with HMOs. It's an unfortunate circumstance of our broken medical insurance industry, but more unfortunate that it impacts the quality of care for most patients, not just the ones in this office. Overall, I believe Dr. Michaels is an outstanding doctor, but appointment setting and office wait times have prompted my family to push for an alternative, unfortunately.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Brooks C Michaels accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrooks Carlton Michaels Md, 2045 Royal Ave Ste 234, Simi Valley, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brooks C Michaels in this video.
Dr. Brooks C Michaels is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Simi Valley, CA.