Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce A Roberts
Dr. Bruce A Roberts, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Roberts is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce A Roberts has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Bruce A Roberts has the following 26 expertise
- Nutrition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Male Menopause
- Holistic Health
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Chronic Illness
- Endocrine Disorders
- Mind-Body and Relaxation Techniques
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Family Planning
- Imagery (Psychotherapy)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Bruce A Roberts is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Roberts is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Medical Center
Dr. Bruce A Roberts accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Locations & DirectionsLighthearted Medicine, 1700 Montgomery St Ste 101, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Bruce A Roberts is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.