Dr. Bruce Allen Is this you?

6 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Bruce Allen?

Misleading about his competence

Posted on April 29th, 2014

I suspect that for certain types of problems, Dr. Allen is quite competent. However, I myself had a terrible experience with him. I had confirmed with him that he was an appropriate doctor to see for my problem prior to scheduling my appointment. I was quoted $80-$220 for an office visit. He was a full 1 hour and 15 minutes(!!) late for the appointment. I even offered to come back another day, but his staff persuaded me to wait. When he finally came in the room, he spent 15 minutes telling me that he really was not familiar with some of the structures in the neck that I was describing(hyoid bone, thyroid cartilage...), and that there was nothing he could do for me. I was left with a lost afternoon and not a shred of advice or help. I can see being charged a 'level 1' appointment charge for the consult, but soon after, I received a bill for over and above the high end of the quoted amount. I am displeased with his lack of knowledge and honesty.

Posted on September 15th, 2017