Dr. Bruce Black Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bruce Black?

Excellent Patient Rapport

Posted on September 5th, 2013

Dr. Black is a "new," family physician, having transitioned from another field in his late twenties to medicine. He is one of the rare doctors that does what he does because he genuinely cares and has a respect for his patients. He is also very open and honest regarding conditions and expectations. While this may rub some the wrong way, as a "practicing," physician, it is important to me that it be a collaborative process. Our first meeting was comprised of a routine physical with a subsequent ACTUAL CONVERSATION. As in, "Tell me about yourself and your health." I have never had that opportunity with any of my family doctors in the past. It is also worth noting that he is the only physician I've encountered that calls to give laboratory and test results over the telephone. As in, him, personally, and not a recording or a member of his staff. My only pause in recommending this doctor is that he is a member of the Baptist System. With that comes and process and politics associated with an organization of this size; some of his staff and workflows reflect that to a degree. But, it is well worth it to have a relationship with such a premier caregiver.

Posted on November 3rd, 2012

My experience has been a comedy of errors -- or it would be a comedy if it didn't involve my health. I finally took my symptoms to a REAL doctor (with a REAL professional staff) who has now run the proper tests and made the proper referrals and I am on my way toward a diagnosis -- not "I have no idea what this is." Period. No offer to try to figure it out or do tests, or send me to specialists who could figure it out. Also, apparently poor communication between him and his staff. Don't use this "doctor."

Posted on August 20th, 2012

Dr Black is a great physician. He has moved to Main Street Family Medical Clini at 2173 Main Street in Madison

genuinely interested in his patients

Posted on January 23rd, 2012

I had a question for him about a problem I was having. He was honest enough to say he wasn't sure, but would do some research on the topic. He called back that night and gave me the results of his research and the options that were available for treatment. Also gave me results of my blood work from the visit. very thorough and caring. Not your typical Dr. ego.

Posted on December 2nd, 2011

Very professional,thoughtful and courteous. He asks open ended questions that allow you o tell him whats wrong. He never interrupts when you are talking and he takes good notes. Appears to be truly vested in his patients, and personally follows up to what he says he will do. Represents his profession well.

Dr. Black is a wonderful caring person.

Posted on April 22nd, 2011

I have never met a doctor like Dr. Black.He makes you feel like you're the only patient in the world when he is talking to you. I have never doubted his opinion when it comes to my health and the treatment that he suggests. Other people has to feel the same way due to the wait to see him....

seems interested in me

Posted on July 20th, 2010

Some doctors only want to discuss only what is on the nurses notes. Dr. Black will discuss any problem you may have neglected to tell the nurse about. He always calls me back personally with results of blood work. As far as I know he is a good M.D. and seems like a good person.

Posted on May 14th, 2010

Quick to give pills and send you on your way. Difficulty getting referals through in a timely manner. Good Doctor overall but there seems to be some inefficiencies from the front office.

Posted on November 27th, 2017