Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce E Carl has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Bruce E Carl has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Bruce E Carl is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I started seeing Dr. Carl in 1982. I didn't realize that he had just finished his residence until I read his profile here. I was recently divorced and a working mother and just could not drive 45 minutes to the pediatrition's office anymore, so I searched and found one Doctor for all of us and have been with Dr. Carl ever since. Along the way, he helped me with many medical issues and even gave me his personal home/cell phone numbers when I took my daughter to Mayo Clinic for a Clinical Trial study back in 1997. He had given me those numbers so that I could call him if they were proposing something and I wasn't completely clear on or was able to ask him questions. During that time, I feel like he has become my friend and has watched me raise my children and counseled me through a divorce. Now I am married again and we are all healthy....and as I tell everyone, "I owe my life to Dr. Carl."
Dr. Carl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Johns Hospital
Dr. Bruce E Carl accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce E Carl in this video.
Dr. Bruce E Carl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, MI.