Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce R Carr
Dr. Bruce R Carr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Carr is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Irving, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Parkland Memorial Hospital. Dr. Carr has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce R Carr has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Hot Flashes
- Ovarian Cancer
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
- Uterine Cancer
- Male Infertility
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
The most memorable part of my visit with Doctor Carr was his arrogance & condescending manner. He seemed over confident while fumbling my infertility treatment. He should just retire. Maybe he was a great at one time, but that time is over. I could not get pregnant & his fumbling around & near misses placed me in what I feel was a delicate position. I switched to a younger specialist and the was more comfortable with his skills, bedside manner and I got pregnant. My best advice is to sign up with another fertility specialist. This guy is not nice, not skilled and not successful at getting patients pregnant. They have words for older doctors like this but I will not use them.
After years of infertility issues, I decided to get a second opinion with Dr. Carr. I had an office visit with him where he looked over my records and recommended some additional testing. After a few weeks, I hadn't heard anything from him or his office. Anxiously waiting for any answers, I finally called to see if he had any answers from my tests or my records. They had all the test results and did not even bother to call me and let me know. Overall, he just seemed not interested.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Carr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1971
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Bruce R Carr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUt Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce R Carr in this video.
Dr. Bruce R Carr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.