Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Murdoth B Christopherson has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Murdoth B Christopherson has the following 16 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Pelvic Exam
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Breast Exam
Dr. Murdoth B Christopherson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Murdoth B Christopherson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I like Dr Christopherson and he did a good job. He did explain everything clearly, took his time, and did test's out the whazoo; to rule out or to find the cause of my bleeding. In fact he diagnosed a condition I didn't even know or think was a concern.At the same time he felt my fibroids weren't big enough to cause my abnormal bleeding. Even though I bled non-stop for 11 months, the only treatment he could come up with is to continuously change my Birth-control. After a year I felt he gave up, or even worse thought I was doing it to myself. I was weak and was left with the feeling that NO ONE would ever find out what was wrong with me. He is a good Dr, and his staff is incredible, he just wasn't the Dr I needed.
Dr. Christopherson was actually my second opinion Doctor after being given a terrible diagnosis by my now Ex Obgyn Doctor. I have never had a Doctor spend time explaining things to me in such simple terms and making me feel so at ease. His staff are also awesome and have the most helpful dispositions. Its nice to know there are still folks out there who care! Highly, highly recommended!
In 2005, I was having abnormal vaginal bleeding. After being referred to Dr. Christopherson, he examined me, ordered a sonogram and determined I had a fibroid tumor. It was taking up the entire volume of the uterus. Having never had major surgery, I was terrified. He was great. He explained everything including all of my options. Being 42, with 2 kids and had my tubes tied, I opted for the hysterectomy. It was scheduled for two weeks. Then, I started bleeding heavily. I went to his office and he said, "I am changing my surgical schedule and we are doing the surgery tomorrow." I asked if he was sure and he said it's that or I would bleed to death. He made me feel important, special and a priority. The surgery went fine and I feel better than I have ever felt.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
47 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Murdoth B Christopherson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Womens Specialist, 929 Gessner Rd Ste 2130, Houston, TX
Dr. Murdoth B Christopherson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.