Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce E Cooper has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bruce E Cooper has the following 9 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
Always seems hassled. Whines and complains about his staff, his patients, his workload, changes in medicine, etc., etc.. He is disorganized, short with his patients on a good day, on a bad day he yells. Known to yell at his 80+ year old hospitalized patient at 10 o'clock at night. Doesn't like to be questioned. Doesn't seem to know his patient. Asks 86 year old patient who has been a patient for more than 25 years about her medical history. Not clear about what medications she is taking, what ones she has had severe, life-threatening reactions to. Asks same questions year after year, should know answers to, as he has been her physician for over 25 years. Generally seems very unhappy, takes his anger out on his patients, sarcastic, belittling. Needs to either retire, or find a new line of work, or get some professional counseling.
40 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Dr. Bruce E Cooper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMystic Healthcare Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 475 High St, Mystic, CT
Dr. Bruce E Cooper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mystic, CT.