Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce Cowan
Dr. Bruce Cowan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Easthampton, MA, with another office in Northampton, MA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Cowan is affiliated with Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,The and Hampshire Care Nursing Home. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce Cowan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Bruce Cowan announced that he is "an old fashioned authoritarian doctor", related in a defensive manner,made statements that he perversely thinks wanting to have a really good doctor, affiliated with an excellent hospital or medical school strikes him as incomprehensible and/or unjustifiable...huh?He was disparaging toward me for having had specialists who are considered outstanding in their fields.This is the 21st century. Who goes to an internist expecting him/her to be as qualified in every subspecialty as an actual specialist, and who would agree to a doctor/patient relationship that divests the patient of all reasoning capacities, presuming ignorance and encouraging totalitarian dependence on a suposedly all-knowing omniscient Godlike paternalistic figure? He was Marcus Welby without the interest or compassion. A relic. He thinks a barium enema is a realistic option instead of a colonoscopy.If you want to behave like a 5-year-old child to his "authoritarian" medical persona, this is the doc for you.
Dr. Cowan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,The
Hampshire Care Nursing Home
43 Years Experience
Washington University at St. Louis
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Bruce Cowan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce Cowan in this video.
Dr. Bruce Cowan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Easthampton, MA.