Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce Dana
Dr. Bruce Dana, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dana is affiliated with Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center, Providence Portland Medical Center and Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce Dana has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Dana is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center
Providence Portland Medical Center
Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Providence Milwaukie Hospital
Providence St Vincent Medical Center
Adventist Medical Center
Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Ctr
Providence Health System Oregon
Legacy Good Samaritan and Medical Center
Oregon Health Science University
38 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1975
University Medical Center
Dr. Bruce Dana accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions5050 NE Hoyt St, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce Dana in this video.
Dr. Bruce Dana is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.