Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce M Decter
Dr. Bruce M Decter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Decter is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. Dr. Decter has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce M Decter has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr Bruce Decter accepted me as a patient with only 25% heart capacity after another Doctor said I would never be able to be off oxygen. I never did have to use oxygen when leaving St Francis Hospital 17 years ago. He quickly got my heart back to 40%. Years later 50% and in 2017 it is at 57%. Dr Decter is well respected by primary care Doctors I have used. He is very knowledgeable. His sense of humor makes him very comfortable to speak about your overall health. Nurse Kathleen has talked my family through multiple times of concern and is very responsive to patients.
If you are not the type of person who would ever go to an emergency room, or call 911, even if you are convinced you just had a cardiac incident, call Dr. Bruce Decter. Dr. Decter is excellent - smart, methodical, attentive, serious and compassionate; and his office staff is professional and caring. What more can I say: Dr. Decter and the Cardiovascular Consultants practice gets 5 Stars from me!
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2013, 2011, 2008, 2010, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2009, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Decter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1988
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Bruce M Decter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Consultants, 3003 New Hyde Park Rd Ste 411, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce M Decter in this video.
Dr. Bruce M Decter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.