Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce E Cohen
Dr. Bruce E Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Unc Memorial Hospital, Carolinas Medical Center and Carolinas Medical Center Mercy. Dr. Cohen has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce E Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
Showing 5 of 26
A good doctor. Knowledgable and a good surgeon. However, clear a big block of time for your appointment. My appt. was for first thing in the am and I still had to wait almost 45 minutes before I saw him. To me that can only mean one thing: you are over-booking your schedule at the expense of my time. The only other thing that really bothered me was I had asked before the day of surgery if I would be able to see the doctor before I was medicated for surgery (as I had a quick question) and I was told, yes, I could. Well, I could not. I asked for him during procedure-prep and was told he will come see you after the procedure [and not before...].
So I've been dealing with arthritis in my feet long enough to know that the price of a second appt. with a new doctor includes having to buy a new pair of orthodics. Never works, throw them in the back of the closet. OK this time, I've met my out of pocket max, I can get a free pair and throw them in the back of the closet. First caution flag was when the Rx was written on McMahon Shoes letterhead. Second caution flag was when McMahon Shoes refused to accept insurance. But I've met my out of pocket max, I'll buy another useless pair of orthodics, show them to Dr Cohen and throw them in the back of the closet. Imagine my surprise when UHC refuses the claim because McMahon Shoes is out of network, no coverage. So this time my worthless pair of orthodics cost me $375 out of pocket. Guess I'll find another new doctor after I meet my out of pocket max this year, buy yet another useless pair of orthodics, AFTER confirming that the pet provider is in network.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Bruce E Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrtho Carolina Foot And Ankle Institute, 2001 Vail Ave Ste 200B, Charlotte, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce E Cohen in this video.
Dr. Bruce E Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.