Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce M Gainsley has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Gainsley has been my doctor for 18 years and I truly can say he is one of the best. He is intelligent, of high integrity, generous, compassionate, and always on time. He will tell you like it is because he cares about you getting better. He is not going to tell you what you want to hear necessarily, but then if he did that, he would be doing you a disservice. He is not primarily interested in money as people have stated here, but one must understand this is how he makes his living. You go there for a service so you should pay for it. All doctors charge a fee. I don't see why people have a problem paying for his service. If you want to be pampered, don't go to see him. Go to a beautician. I highly recommend this doctor if you are truly interested in getting better.
Dr. Gainsley is much too self-centered to be concerned about, or helpful to, a patient in any meaningful way. He is superficially charming but easily irritated by anything that doesn't suit him which can be a real problem if you are seeking psychiatric help because you are suicidal. He makes significant errors, and even repeats them, on prescriptions. His diagnoses are pedantic at best. He would be a great doctor for anyone who just wants to chat about life without dealing with anything substantial.
I have been a patient of Dr. Gainsley for sometime. He's a brilliant man and a very humane one. He is extremely easy to talk to and listens acutely. His insights may not always be what one wants to hear but that's why you're there....to learn about yourself. His diagnoses are spot-on. I admire him deeply and like him as well. He is English..so there are some eccentricities but they are more amusing than distracting. I would refer just about anyone to him. He is an amazing psychiatrist.
42 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1976
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Bruce M Gainsley accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBruce Martin Gainsley Md, 15300 Ventura Blvd Ste 525, Sherman Oaks, CA
Dr. Bruce M Gainsley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman Oaks, CA.