Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce A Harms has the following 1 specialty
- Tumor Surpressor Gene (Adenomatous Polyposis Coli, APC)
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 9
I had my colon removed by Dr. Harms in 1989 after having ulcerative colitis for 32 years. Of all the Dr.'s I have seen over my years he is one of the best. Since retiring to Az in 2002 I have seen two other specialist relating to the pouch and neither of them can hold a candle to Dr. Harms. I highly recommend him for this procedure.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
41 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Bruce A Harms accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUW Hospital & Clinics, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce A Harms in this video.
Dr. Bruce A Harms is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.