Dr. Bruce E Hirsch Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Bruce E Hirsch?

Best Physician

I was treated by Dr. Hirsch for an infectious disease. I had been suffering with this illness for over a year with no help! This fine, caring, compassionate, professional, highly intelligent Physician diagnosed me immediately and treated me in the hospital. He came to see me every day and actually spent a great deal of time talking to me and making sure I was ok. He reassured me I would be ok when I was feeling low. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone! Thank you Dr. Hirsch for caring and helping me!

Jerk

Total jerk at the bedside. Condescending and RUDE. Only dealt with him at the hospital out of necessity. WOULD NEVER follow up with him.

Consultation after preliminary screening?!

I called today Dr. B. Hirsch's office to make an appointment for STD's evaluation and treatment. His secretary told me that the doctor doesn't accept new patients directly. He wants you to be screened and tested by a primary care physician or some other specialists and then he will be willing to evaluate the results(!) But I don't want to waste my time and prolong my diagnosing and treatment. I am a medicare beneficiary plus GHI(PPO) insurance and I don't need a referral. How these doctors are allowed to skip the dirty work? How the Board assoc. and NYS Dep. of Health allow this "nobleness"? I am very disappointed from their work ethics.

CARELESS AND RUDE

Went to Hirsch thinking he was one of the best WRONG!!! He was LATE and TOOK A CALL in the middle of my visit. Out of the 4 Dr.s i saw this guy was most UNCARING, UNPROFESSIONAL, and DISRESPECTFUL!! Hirsch basically told me that the other 3 were wrong and to stop taking all meds. AMAZING he knew this in the 5 mins he was there. I Growing scabs on my face, lymph nodes are swollen and a major pain behind me eye and he tells me the scabs are a pimple, and im just "tired". SO i stopped taking meds and SCABS grew a mind of there own and started spreading... this doctor is a jerk.ALSO... he shook my hand on the way in, when i was leaving i tried to shake his hand to say thank you (for nothing) and he snapped his hand away and said "IM NOT TOUCHING YOU"... what a piece of work... I PRAY NOBODY GOES TO THIS DOPE!!

A Dr that truly cares

I met Dr Hirsh while he was treating me for a infected hip joint at north shore hospital. From the moment I met him I felt very comfortable with him treating me because I could see the look of concearn in his eyes and face while he was in my room trying to figure out my situation. Dr Hirsh visited me three to four times a day monitoring my illness and assuring me I would be ok. After him saving my leg with the right medication and the time and care he showed towards me I would highly recomend him. I hope everyone has the same pleasant experience that I had and knowing Dr Hirsh I do not see that being a problem

saved my life

Dr. Hirsch was able to diagnose my osteomylitis of the spine where other Infectious disease physicians had failed. Not only was he able to cure me and leave me without disabiity, he also interceded when an incompetent nurse tried to insert a PIK line in my arm incorrectly. He made sure the procedure was done in IR where it was done correctly. He has shown patience, concern, professionalism and has made every effort to treat me effectively but also with great concern and human kindness. He is one of the finest physicians in practice today I highly recommend him.

Other than what I believe to be a false display of conern, don't expect much. Not even a return of a phone call.

Dr. Bruce E Hirsch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manhasset, NY.