Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce Hurter
Dr. Bruce Hurter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Leominster, MA, with other offices in Hyannis, MA and Westfield, MA (and 2 other locations). He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Hurter is affiliated with U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce Hurter has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Bruce Hurter has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Bruce Hurter has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bruce Hurter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Hurter helped me a lot through out my life he was always there for me after my mom died. He got me through it I would never have made it if it wasn't for him. I have bipolar but now my idiot doctor is trying too say Dr: Hurter was wrong and I have scizoaffective disorder just because I have a dad with sciziaphrenia who lives with me. They must think it contagious haha. Dr. Hurter would appreciate that joke he has a great sense of humor I knew him fourteen years. Things been tough sense he has been gone treatment wise I haven't been in the hospital in years but come on their treating me for the wrong illness. I don't know how forty six years of bipolar changes into scizoaffective disorder just cause of your fathers schizophrenia. If you see Dr. Hurter tell him I said hello and wish him well and miss him.
Dr. Hurter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
33 Years Experience
University of Massachusetts
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bruce Hurter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leominster, MA.