Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce Irwin
Dr. Bruce Irwin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Libertyville, IL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Irwin is affiliated with Advocate Condell Medical Center, Vista Health - Victory Memorial Hospital and Midwestern Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce Irwin has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Irwin has given his life for the betterment of others. He has sacrificed his own health to provide outstanding care to his patients. It has been necessary for me to have two back surgeries since his retirement as he is no longer available to help me control my pain. Both surgeries have helped but his care may have made it those surgeries unnecessary or at least postponed them indefinitely. I miss him in more ways than one.
Dr. Irwin is nothing but a pill pusher. I know a patient of his that has been going for over 15 years with no relief all he does is hand out prescriptions. Can you imagine a doctor giving one patient over 400 pain pills a month on top of sleeping pills, come on Irwin stop turning all your patients into drug addicts.
I am not cured yet, 1st went to doc 2001. Doc Irwin has been kind to me. He forgave a large bill I had which was an example of his being kind. Office staff can be rude. He can run well behind on office vists but h spends time with you when he gets to you. Bring a good book to pass the time. Overall Doc is a good person.
Dr. Irwin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Condell Medical Center
Vista Health - Victory Memorial Hospital
Midwestern Regional Medical Center
Vista Health - Medical Center West
Vista Medical Center East
25 Years Experience
Universidad De Monterrey
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Bruce Irwin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1800 Hollister Dr, Libertyville, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce Irwin in this video.
Dr. Bruce Irwin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Libertyville, IL.