Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Bruce S Kahn
Dr. Bruce S Kahn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Kahn is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla and Scripps Mercy Hospital. Dr. Kahn has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce S Kahn has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Bruce S Kahn has the following 25 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Ovarian Cysts
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Pelvic Exam
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Leiomyoma (Smooth Muscle Tumor)
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Bruce S Kahn has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bruce S Kahn is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Dr. Kahn and his nurse are amazing. After years of being in pain and seeing 3 different specialists, Dr. Khan was the only one who took me seriously. He listened carefully and gave me a diagnosis and treatment after spending an hour listening to my concerns and symptoms. Thanks to him I am almost pain free and my life is going back to normal. The wait time is minimal, he spends a good amount of time with me, and is so knowledgeable. He knew exactly what I was trying to explain and was so compassionate.
I just recently went to meet with Dr. Kahn after the P.A. referred me to him in order to discuss options including surgery. He was very calming and thorough. I left his office confident that I made the right decision. I ended up having a hysterectomy, sling placement, and A&P repair. The recovery was much better than I expected. Just maybe 2 days of feeling some pain on the 3 or 4 day following procedure. After that, I felt good but would just get fatigued by end of day. This is without needing to take any pain medication. In addition, his office staff is incredible, and the office is very clean. I would highly recommend Dr. Kahn with confidence to anyone no matter what their need!
f you are looking for the best OBGYN doctor, then your search has ended. Dr. Bruce Kahn, M.D.F.A.C.O.G and his staff (Leigh C. and Belinda M.) are exceptional and very dedicated to their patients. Dr. Kahn has been my primary OBGYN for over ten years. I am in the best possible hands with Dr. Kahn and his staff. They always provide the absolute best care (very thorough) and I believe; best advice and treatment (from routine, to minor and major surgeries) during every visit and for each issue. Dr. Kahn is extremely intelligent, a compassionate and caring person and a truly outstanding doctor. He genuinely cares, he is professional and he makes an investment in the health and well-being of his patients. I count myself extremely lucky to have found him. He is always on time if not early and consistently answers all of my questions. Dr. Kahn and staff provide a higher standard of health care, which I hope is the model of the future in the medical industry! He has my vote for Doctor of the Year!! Without hesitation, I would highly recommend Dr. Kahn.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kahn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. Bruce S Kahn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsScripps Clinic Carmel Valley, 3811 Valley Centre Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Bruce S Kahn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.