Dr. Bruce Kaufmann Is this you?

Posted on April 24th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Kaufmann for 33 years. I would not want to go to anyone else.

Love Dr. K

Posted on June 20th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. K since I was a young girl. He delivered my brother, neices, newphews, friend's children, along with my son.Dr. K told me he would be there for me when I delivered my son and he was, even after an emergency room visit for himself.Its been 30 years and he has always been there for me...I pay for my own visits as my insurance doesn't have him as a member.

E. S.

Posted on March 10th, 2011

Ditto to the last comments made. Nurse's are the Pitt's, and the Doctor puts up with it. Why St. Lukes allows this type of inferior patient care and rudeness from the Nurses and Office Staff is mind boggling.

Nursing Staff Fails Miserably

Posted on March 18th, 2010

I have been a long time patient of Dr. Kaufmann of many years. I have referred 5 patients to Dr. Kaufmann in the last year and they are all very pleased with him as well. I disagree that Dr. Kaufmann is condescending and has no bedside manners, however, the Nursing Staff of Dr. Kaufmann who return the phone calls of the patients and the setting of patient appointments, have and routinely exhibit extremely deplorable Manners and Patient Communication Skills. In my own experience, I have found certain Nurses to be very Condescending and Rude when I have called in for Dr. Kaufmann, whether I was calling and asking to have Dr. Kaufmann return my call, or even in some instances where I was calling to get my prescription renewed. I find this totally unacceptable, as I am always respectful when communicating with others and expect that I be equally respected back. These Nurses of Dr. Kaufmanns Office have a certain arrogance about them as if they are irreplaceable and can do and act however they want with the patients without the fear of facing consequences. I wouldnt feel I would have to accept that kind of treatment and behavior from my Doctor, least of all a Nurse in a supporting role. I have family members who are on the board of a Hospital in New York , who reside on the boards of several Universitys and also head up the United Way in the City in which they reside. When I had recently mentioned my experiences I have had with these Nurses in Dr. Kaufmanns Office, they found that to be reprehensible, irresponsible and delinquent behavior unbecoming a Nurse.No Hospital or Health Network can afford to have such an offensive and neglectful personality representing them through these kinds of individuals.I am leaving the services of Dr. Kaufmann and the St. Lukes Health Network. The only regret I have in leaving is that I am parting ways with a very experienced, knowledgeable and caring Dr. Kaufmann. I am very thankful for his many years of loyal service to me.It is unfortunate that he as a Doctor works hard each and every day building trust and developing relationships with his patients, only to have his supporting Nursing staff undermine all his efforts behind his back. It pains me to see Dr. Kaufmann get this moderate rating, because he is an outstanding Doctor.Most Nurses have 3 very valuable attributes, intelligence, confidence and the genuine sincerity to care for their patients. For any Nurse to possess these attributes and not use them in the manner in which they were intended to be used, is to make that Nurse incomplete. In my view, Dr. Kaufmanns nursing staff is there to support and assist him not to portray themselves in their Doctors image or to undermine the relationship the Dr. and Patient relationship with their rude, unprofessional and obnoxious behavior. I am a person that would rather compliment the good in people rather than focus on the negative, but I cannot in good conscience do that when it comes to giving a fair and accurate assessment of the services of Dr. Kaufmanns Office staff.

getting the bum's rush

Posted on June 19th, 2009

I found his diagnosis right on. However, his treatment of me was condescending. He didn't really help me solve my problem over the long term. I ended up with another doctor who was genuinely caring.

Posted on June 8th, 2015