Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer
Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Olney, MD, with another office in Olney, MD. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Knolmayer is affiliated with Medstar Montgomery Medical Center and Howard County General Hospital Inc. Dr. Knolmayer has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. Knolmayer is a very kind doctor, but if you have a fall or other injury, you are repeatedly reminded by his staff that he can only see you for 2 body parts. I fell and injured several body parts and had a broken arm--had x-rays. The doctor told me he could only evaluate me for 2 body parts. He did evaluate my shoulder, elbow, wrist, and ankle, but I felt like I was "putting him out." Seriously, has medical care degraded this much? No MRI either, despite months of physical therapy.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Knolmayer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Olney, MD, in this video.
Dr. Bruce R Knolmayer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Olney, MD.