Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce Kovacs
Dr. Bruce Kovacs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Long Beach, CA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Medical Genetics. Dr. Kovacs is affiliated with Coastal Communities Hospital, St. Mary Medical Center and Beverly Hospital. Dr. Kovacs has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce Kovacs has the following 3 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
Dr. Bruce Kovacs has the following 4 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Medical Genetics
Dr. Bruce Kovacs is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kovacs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Coastal Communities Hospital
St. Mary Medical Center
USC University Hospital
USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Pacifica Hospital of the Valley
Good Samaritan Hospital-LA
Whittier Hospital Medical Center
Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital
Garden Grove Hospital and Medical Center
Lakewood Regional Medical Center
LacUsc Women`S & Children`s Hospital
White Memorial M.C. Hospital Adventist Health
ST Mary Medical Center
Long Beach Memorial Hospital
USCNorris Cancer Hospital
Community and Mission Hospital of Huntington Park
34 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1979
Lac Usc Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBruce W Kovacs MD, 6135 Avalon Ct, Long Beach, CA
Dr. Bruce Kovacs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.