Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce D Larson
Dr. Bruce D Larson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with another office in Seattle, WA. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Larson is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center-Cherry Hill Campus. Dr. Larson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce D Larson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Bruce D Larson has the following 22 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Smoking Cessation
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Women's Health
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychotic Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Bruce D Larson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bruce D Larson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I first saw Dr Larson as an inpatient. I was fortunate that he was accepting new patients and accepted me as a new patient at the time. I believe I saw Dr Larson for 5-6 years through his private practice until he closed his practice to accept a new position at the hospital. It was a great privilege to be under his care. I have Bipolar I and schizoaffective disorder.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Larson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Bruce D Larson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bruce D Larson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.