Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce D Lipsius
Dr. Bruce D Lipsius, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cherry Hill, NJ, with other offices in Cherry Hill, NJ and Sewell, NJ . He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Lipsius is affiliated with Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center, Kennedy Health System Cherry Hill Campus and University Hospital (UMDNJ). Dr. Lipsius has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce D Lipsius has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Bruce D Lipsius has the following 24 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Movement Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
- Memory Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Spinal Cord Compression
- Migraine Disorders
- Brain Aneurysm
- Bell's Palsy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Seizure Disorders
Dr. Bruce D Lipsius has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
After about 6 visits with Dr Lipsius I have found him to be extremely, extremely attentive to detail, very thorough with his medical history and examinations and his bedside manner is the best I have seen in my many many years of seeing doctors and specialists. I never feel rushed in his presence and in fact his sense of humor helps so much when discussing potential medical diagnoses. If I could give him 10 stars on this rating I would.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lipsius is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Bruce D Lipsius accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bruce D Lipsius is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cherry Hill, NJ.