Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce H Lockwood has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 42
I have been seeing Dr. L for around 8-9 years. I will tell you this: he saved my life. Dramatic yes, but for someone who was on the brink of a horrific lifestyle, he led me through it. I see negative reviews frequently and I can understand. I also have to say that Bruce helps people, and when someone tries to take advantage of that, all the blame blows back on the doctor.. when someone doesn't get what they want- this is in every case doctor/patient. He's laid back, fantastic, great to talk to, makes you feel comfortable enough to just say anything. I wouldn't be here without him and I'm sure not leaving anytime soon.
He is abrupt rude dismissive doesn't even deserve to be called a dr. So I will refer to him as Bruce. I needed a prescription filled because my dr had died and Bruce was the on call dr. He would only write me a two week script when I asked him for a month so I had time to find someone who takes Medicare and explained that a two week supply would screw up my insurance he yelled that it was late and he wanted to go home and said do you want the two week supply or not when I tried to again explain my situation he yelled again look I'm not going to go round and round with you he was so rude and completely lacked any respect for me treating me like I was a child. If you want someone who will show you respect and consider what you have to say Bruce is not your guy keep looking
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Bruce H Lockwood accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bruce H Lockwood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Malibu, CA.