Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce R Monaco has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 21
Went to Dr. Monaco for surgery on my knees and got exactly what I went in there for--Corrected knee condition and painrelief. He's straight forward, no room for excuses type of doctor. He does his job and does it well--But be sure you research what he actually specializes in before showing up with an irrelevant condition/injury. And don't expect him to flatter you or sugar coat anything for you.
Wow! Bad bedside manners!! Saw him for a hand injury and was told by him "I do not work on hands". Then why did you allow me to make an appt in the first place?? Bottom line, he was not helpful or friendly. I know people who work for Oschner's...I should asked about him. He is not liked by the staff. Not a good sign. Would not refer anyone to see him. There are plenty of caring doctors in Baton Rouge. Do not settle for this kind of treatment.
First let me start by saying I'm on a major weight lost journey! So far I've lost over 30lbs! My visit was due to reoccurring knee and back pain, he stated " if you think i'm about to do surgery on a 50 year old 250lbs women you are sadly mistaken. Mind you he isn't the smallest! He acted as if I wasn't a paying patient! He then went on to tell me he's not a back doctor so what else I got! He wasn't friendly and acted like I was less than! I wouldn't recommend him to anyone! Not even my enemy! Most of his reviews will show he has horrible bedside manners and no people skills! Wish I would've read that before I gave him my time and copay! He can't help heal a cut or let alone get a second visit! I'll rather hurt than visit him again! I felt so humiliated I cried in his office then called me husband! I filled a report with the hospital! Please visit another doctor!
44 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Bruce R Monaco accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBruce R Monaco Md, 1501 W 7th St, Chanute, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce R Monaco in this video.
Dr. Bruce R Monaco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chanute, KS.