Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce C Patterson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Bruce C Patterson has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Bruce C Patterson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
My most recent visit to this clinic was a shocker for me I have never been treated in this manner by a doctor. My doctor wasn't present so they placed me with him. To begin he walked in the room said his name and asked what brought you in. I told him, and he asked who is your doctor I told him and he rudely asked, she is not here? I said I didn't know, he seems angry at that point maybe not wanting to bother, all that time he never once looked at me, then in a rude tone he shouted to me get up there... get up there as if he was taking to a kid or a dog. I said to myself good thing I have common sense to know what get up there means.. After I got up there all this time he hasn't said much to me he never checked me except for using is stethoscope on my back I had a thick coat on and I said should I remove my coat he once again in his rude tone said no I can do it. All this time he hasn't said much of anything except when I asked one question. After using his instrument over my thick coat he went on to quickly write my prescription I had a very bad cough so I thought he would have given something for my cough. When I took the prescription to the pharmacy I asked is there something for cough she said no only what he wrote. The same way he came in the room is the same way he left out of the room rude and insensitive. I hope I never have to run into the likes of him "as a doctor" ever again because that was a first for me.........
I have been seeing Dr. Patterson for over 20 years. He is very thorough and no non-nonsense. He will not prescribe unnecessary meds because the pharmaceutical industry pushes it. He will give you only what you need. My entire family and circle of friends have been referred to him and always have good things to say. Very trust worthy and knowledgeable.
Dr. Patterson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1985
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Bruce C Patterson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWest Houston Family Practice, 12245 Richmond Ave, Houston, TX
Dr. Bruce C Patterson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.