Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce H Price has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Bruce H Price has the following 17 expertise
- Brain Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Psychotic Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Cognition Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Memory Disorders
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Brain Disorder
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Bruce H Price has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bruce H Price is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Rude man. Uncaring. Made gratuitous, insulting, rude remarks that had nothing to do with why I was seeing him. It seemed as if he believed that his Harvard affiliation made him entitled to shoot off his mouth no matter what.
My neurological situation is incurable and Dr. Price made that clear before we left the waiting room to go into his office. His efforts were not to convince me to close and nail the lid on my coffin but rather to leave the lid open because no hope today doesn't mean no hope tomorrow and assured me that they are working very hard and will continue to do so. I would have liked a cure but the peace I received finished a very close second
Dr. Price has great "bedside" manner, cares about and remembers his patients, is balanced in approach - rendering careful diagnosis with appropriate but not excessive testing. Provides excellent cross-over between psychiatric and neurological concerns. Keeps PCP and other personal MDs informed at all times. Exceptional. You are in great hands if you become Dr. Price's patient.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Price is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Bruce H Price accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMcLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce H Price in this video.
Dr. Bruce H Price is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Belmont, MA.