Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce W Rajala
Dr. Bruce W Rajala, DO is a Doctor primarily located in McKinney, TX. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Rajala is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-McKinney. Dr. Rajala has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce W Rajala has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 78
I just had my first baby back in September. I have had several friends delivered by Dr. Rajala and all recommended him. Granted the wait can be long and the pregnancy check ups short unless you have complications. He always anwsered my questions and had a good bedside manner. My delivery was ok, I was induced and didn't see Dr. until I was dilated and pushing but the nurses were in contact with him regarding my care the entire time. I had a relativity smooth delivery other than some bleeding and tearing. Honestly I love this doctor for the care I received at my postpartum check ups. I was a mess and he was so sweet to me and never disregarded my feelings and for that I am so grateful. I did have the "baby blues" but was also diagnosed with postpartum anxiety which he gave me medication and recommended I see a psych to F/U which I felt was appropriate. I will definitely be going back to him for my second pregnancy. Also his staff was also always very nice/caring.
This is my second pregnancy and my last doctor was Dr. Heidi Harms in Dallas who was very thorough and awesome. I was recommended Dr. Rajala and decided to try him since I live in Allen now. The wait time is ridiculous, I am talking 30 minutes to an hour every single time. The staff is alright, all just very young other than one nurse and the receptionists, one of which is very short with everyone. Dr. Rajala is very nice, but if you want a personable and thorough doctor do not choose him. He is very fast, and seems very over booked therefore barely spends any time with you. It's not a terrible experience to be clear, just not a great one either. I am having a C-section so I am a bit nervous but I know he has the expertise so...good luck to me.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rajala is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1982
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Bruce W Rajala accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBruce William Rajala Do, 5236 W University Dr Ste 3700, McKinney, TX
Dr. Bruce W Rajala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near McKinney, TX.