Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Facts about pulmonary hypertension, including the causes and symptoms.
- Thromboembolism Facts about thromboembolism, including causes, symptoms, and risks.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce Reitz has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Diseases
- Lung Transplantation
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Reitz accepted my daughter into the heart/lung transplant program when every other center considered her too high risk because of prior heart surgeries. When organs became available for her he began what turned out to be an extremely difficult surgery that lasted 13-1/2 hrs. He stayed by her bedside for several hours when she was brought to the ICU. Rather than allowing his residents and interns follow her and report back to him, he chose to visit her every day himself. My daughter is alive today because this amazing man took on an extremely challenging case and won the hearts of his patient and her parents. I have never met another doctor who has been more caring, compassionate, dedicated, and supportive toward his patients and their families. We, like thousands of his other patients, hold him in the highest esteem and will be forever grateful to him.
Dr. Reitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Menlo Park Surgical Hospital
43 Years Experience
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Bruce Reitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce Reitz in this video.
Dr. Bruce Reitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.